Monday, June 9, 2008

Imagine Saving a Life



I am a big proponent of blood donation, but I didn't use to be. After my D&C in April of 2006 I almost had to receive a blood transfusion and it changed the way I thought about those who donate blood. Before my molar pregnancy I was a huge chicken when it came to needles, but necessity required me to get my blood drawn every week for 3 months and then every month for 9 months following my D&C. I decided that I wanted to possibly save someone's life.

Blood donation goes down in the summer do to vacations, out of town guests, and nice weather. The Puget Sound Blood Center is asking that donors commit to donating twice this summer (you are eligible to donate every 56 days). None of us plan on needing a blood transfusion this summer, but hundreds of others in the area will.

Darren and I had the chance to donate today and so I am eligible again on August 5th. Please make plans to go donate blood, and if you need a friend to hold your hand, I'll be there.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I will need to go with you. I am a chicken about giving blood but I know I need to do it.