Tuesday, July 22, 2008

LDS Living Magazine and FHE

Darren and I have set some new family goals, one of which is to have FHE every Monday night. We really want to make sure that weekly Family Home Evening is in place as Trevor grows up so that it will be a righteous tradition for our family. But, having FHE and coming up with a lesson is easier said then done, until I subscribed to LDS Living's Email Magazine. Each day of the week they send you an email about different gospel topics. Monday's email always includes a FHE lesson complete with a scripture, thought, song, object lesson, story, activity, and a recipe for a dessert. It makes FHE completely foolproof and some of the recipes have been really tasty. I download the .pdf file for each lesson and save it to my computer for future use.

Another huge help to our FHE has been the Interactive Church Music Player found here: http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/. In case you aren't familiar with it let me explain. This website has the sheet music for any song in the hymn book or children's songbook. You can print out the sheet music for a family member to play on the piano, or if you are like us and do not play piano, the website will play it for you, with or without words. Having the piano playing in the background not only helps us sing the correct tune, it helps us feel less embarrassed singing aloud.

I feel so blessed to live in a time where the internet is available and I am grateful for the ways in which it helps us gather information and share it with others. You can subscribe to LDS Living's Email Magazine by going here: http://www.ldsliving.com/ldsmagazine.asp. Take a minute to subscribe and make a goal to have FHE every Monday night. I know that your family will grow closer together and you will be blessed for your efforts.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the links! I'm for sure checking this out.

Unguren said...

Those are good links perhaps we will use them. We normally read a small section out of Preach My Gospel.

AngieVach said...

Thanks so much! I just started gathering lesson ideas and trying to make it all fit together monday and monday is difficult so this will be great! By the way, how are you guys?? I hope great!

Sorensen said...

That is a gerat goal! It can be a challenge especially when the baby is more interested in the ceiling fan but it can be a huge blessing too!

Scott Porter said...

You guys are awesome.

cazmom said...

Mindy!!! Its your long-lost cousin Steph! I caught your blog on Noelle's blog, and just had to see what your life is like. Congratulations on your house!! Very pretty. And Michael Phelps - watch out! He's got competition. I was meant to see your blog because I've been needing to print out primary music to play at home (trying to get to the distro center to buy a primary song book). Thanks for this great post that I will use! Steph