Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter "Egg"citement

The Easter festivities started yesterday with Trevor's first ever Easter egg hunt. Before going to the real Easter egg hunt, Darren staged a practice one at the house so Trevor could get the hang of what we expected him to do. At the real Easter egg hunt Trevor enjoyed crawling around in the hay looking for the eggs.

























After the egg hunt Trevor stopped to take a picture with the Easter Bunny. I gotta tell ya, he LOVED the Easter Bunny. He would have sat on his lap for a long time, but there were other kids in line, so we made it a short visit.


After church today we had lots of my family come over for Easter dinner and celebrations. Check out Trevor's loot from Grandma Kay, Aunt Cheryll, and Grandma & Grandpa Rocky.


Since Trevor won't eat chocolate (crazy, I know...he didn't get that from me) and doesn't really like sweets (also not from me...), Aunt Cheryll filled the eggs with things like crackers, marshmallows, animal cookies, etc. Here he is enjoying some of the goldfish crackers he had in one of his eggs from the Easter egg hunt.


After having so many people over all at once, Windy (the dog we are watching for the week) pretty much sums up exactly how I felt when everyone left and Trevor went to bed...


Exhausted!! Hope everyone had a great Easter!

4 comments:

Kassie said...

It is awesome how your relatives filled his eggs with crackers and other things Trevor enjoys. Dallas likes his veges and fruits, but he also LOVES his sweets and chocolates (we couldn't get by too long without teaching those signs to him). I wish I could get Dallas to prefer crackers and fruits to candy, how did you do it?

Kate said...

What a fun Easter! I'm glad he liked the Easter Bunny, because I think that guy would have freaked me out a little if I'd been sitting in his lap! Trevor is such a handsome little guy.

Unguren said...

How fun. I love that his eggs have crackers in them. I am sure that my kids would have thought that they got jipped.

Anonymous said...

Hey cute easter pics, I love the idea of putting little snacks in eggs instead of all the tooth decaying candy. P.S I love the cloth wipes, they work great! Your the best.