Sunday, May 31, 2009

Orcas Island Family Bike Ride 2009

I haven't blogged in a while because this is my 100th post and I wanted it to be amazing...instead you get pictures from our Memorial Day weekend trip to Orcas Island.

The vacation started with a ferry ride from Anacortes (Noelle, I thought of you) to Orcas Island. Trevor loved to be on deck walking around. The ferry makes one stop at Lopez Island before reaching Orcas and Trevor was terrified of the farewell horn the ship captain blew just after departure, but he loves his cousin Averie.

It didn't take long at all for Trevor to zonk out in the bike trailer. Darren pulled Trevor while I listened to my iPod in an effort to maintain a postitive attitude amidst the hilly terrain on Orcas Island.



















We stopped in Eastsound for lunch and took more pictures since it is so beautiful there.








On Sunday we did some canoeing on Cascade Lake and even canoed over to Moran State Park so that Trevor could play in the sand. And although the picture does not capture his excitement, Trevor did enjoy being right at the front of the canoe.








On Monday we went on a little hike up to Cascade Falls. The falls were beautiful and the hike was an adventure. Here is at least one picture on this trip (on the right) where Trevor is smiling...too bad he is not smiling at the camera.








It was a great trip and we hope to keep doing it year after year.

3 comments:

Chanin said...

What cute family pictures! You make a handsome crew. Looks like lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

How fun, what an adventure.

Chelle said...

The bike trip looks like a blast - plus, Orcas is one of my favorite islands; Cascade Falls and Moran State Park are fabulous! After the baby is born and a little older, I totally want to do a tour of the San Juans on our bikes.