Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Laura!!!!

Today is Laura's birthday and yesterday my sister-in-law Deborah and I surprised her with an amazing birthday cake! Are you ready to see it?!? Here it is!!

It's a Chanel purse complete with a tube of lipstick and a compact. Deborah and I had so much fun making this cake and I was so happy that we made it for Laura. She is one of my very best friends and she deserved an awesome cake.

Here are some pictures of the detail on the cake. It really did look just like a purse and makeup. I really couldn't have done it without Deborah's help. She is so innovative and pushes me to make everything bigger and better than I otherwise would have.
So here's to Laura. 1. because she is an amazing friend. 2. because she loves to play cards and talk trash until the wee hours of the morning and 3. because she is just sassy enough to appreciate a bright pink and leather purse birthday cake.
Happy Birthday Laura!

8 comments:

Reese said...

Girl...can I say wa-hoo!! This is simply gorgeous. I strolled over to see the amazing feat in person. I wanted to just pick it up and take it home. Maybe Chanel should add edible purses to their line...then they may be worth the price! You are so talented...love it!!

Joan said...

What a charming cake! Each time I see one of your masterpieces I'm blown away by your talent.

Anne said...

Wow! That was cute.I am impressed!

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

you need to make some money doing this

Shauna said...

No way that is a cake!! Holy smokes, Mindy do you watch Ace of Cakes? You need to be on that show!

Laura Jex said...

Ok, you are such a great friend! I love you and I loved the cake, However I do NOT love my hair :(

Kassie said...

I cannot believe how amazing that cake looks. You have some serious talent.

Misty said...

Wow! That's amazing!