This was a very stressful cake to make, because let's face it no one wants to ruin a bride's life by ruining her wedding cake. With only 4 hours and 15 minutes until the reception started, I had to make an emergency phone call to my sister-in-law, Deborah in Utah just for moral support and to hear her tell me that I could make this cake and that it would be beautiful. Thanks for the pep talk Deborah!!
An hour and a half after the pep talk I had covered all three cakes, cleaned up the powdered sugar disaster that was my kitchen and I was headed to the reception. When I got there I was so excited to stack the cakes and get started decorating that I forgot to put the dowels in, so I had to disassemble the cake, take a deep breath and start over.
Actually decorating the cake was a joy and a pleasure. The bride's niece loves to watch cake decorating shows on TV and she said that my cake was the best she has ever seen in real life. (So cute!) She even helped me which was awesome.
You should know that I did not bake the cakes, the wonderful guys at Creme de la Creme did, so I am positive the cake tastes even yummier than it looks. Also, I wish I could take credit for the roses on top of the cake, but I can't. Wilton made them, I just made the leaves.
So without further ado, here is the cake.
7 comments:
Great job, Mindy - you do good work! I've been asked to do wedding cakes on numerous occasions and have always declined because I was scared that I would mess it up for that one special day. You are much braver than I.
It's time to start the business! Looks wonderful!
Mindy I knew you could do it. And look how nicely it turned out. Your dots are so evenly spaced and look so elegant. I know it was stressful, but I know you smile when you look back at it. It's beautiful.
You are my hero. I would never have the guts to try a wedding cake. In fact, my little boy will be turning two soon and I don't even think I'll post pictures of the cake I'll be making him. What can I say, some of us are just not made for arts and crafts. The cake looks great!
Wow! You did an amazing job! It looks beautiful.
Mindy that looks great! You had nothing to worry about!
too bad you're going to be having a baby right when #2 needs a wedding cake. Do you think I can learn to do this in 4 months?
Post a Comment