It's official, my baby is growing up and in honor of him becoming a big boy (and because I need his room and crib for Austin) Trevor got a new big boy room for his birthday. So scroll down for a tour.
First we have the red wall...
Featuring a desk and chair off craigslist, picture frames from Aunt Cheryll, a string of car lights from a garage sale, a clock from eBay that is an old record hand painted to look like an airplane flying, and a rocking chair my step-mom found by the dumpster that I sanded down and repainted to match the room.
Next is the green wall...
Featuring a high boy dresser we got off craigslist, a train lamp that Aunt Cheryll got at a garage sale, a picture of the Seattle temple, plastic storage bins that Grandma Kay found at a garage sale, and a bulletin board. You can also see a corner of the road map rug that Aunt Cheryll found at yet another garage sale.
Up next is Trevor's favorite wall, the blue wall...
Featuring a twin size, super cool, race car bed with a built-in bookcase and toy box, handmade checkered flag curtains and car tie backs, and a train coat rack.
The final wall is the yellow wall...
Featuring a puzzle bookcase, Cars night light, coloring book caddy, and road signs coat hanger all from Aunt Cheryll.
As you can see, Trevor loves him new big boy room and bed.
And this afternoon for nap time it only took 30 minutes of him crying and getting out of bed and me calmly returning him to bed without talking to him (the SuperNanny approach) before he gave up the fight and fell asleep.
We're so proud of our big boy!!!
5 comments:
way cool i want a bed room like that!!
Wow- AND your pregnant!!! That room is amazing!
That is awesome. I still don't have Taylor in a big girl bed. Jaedyn sleeps in a pack and play. I guess I'm still not ready for that fight. Good job with getting him to sleep!
That looks fantastic! My kids have dingy white walls and very few decorations. I figure I'll wait until they have opinions on the subject so I don't have to do it over in two years (seriously the laziest mom ever). Heck, Dylan's sleeping in the office! I'm always so impressed by you supermoms who go out of your way to make kids' rooms fun.
Looks very cool, I am sad we weren't able to see it in person at the birthday party. We just had too much family in town still :(
Post a Comment