Monday, July 19, 2010

Austin's Blessing Day

Sunday, July 11th was Austin's blessing day.  It was wonderful to have so many friends and family come out to support us and stay to hear me give my lesson in Gospel Doctrine.

Instead of purchasing a blessing outfit for Austin, I made one (with a lot of help from my Aunt Shelley.)  I think it turned out great and he looked adorable in it.

Austin's blessing was beautiful and so different from Trevor's which is how I know that even though they look alike, they are destined to be very different children.  He was blessed that he would find the kind of happiness in this life that will draw him closer to his family and help him to be a shinning light to those around him.  That he will listen to the guidance of his parents, teachers, and family so that he can become a better man, son, father and friend.  That he will find the Spirit in his life that will guide him through life's trials.  Also, that he will get to know the Savior Jesus Christ and all that he has done for us.  And lastly, that he will be able to share his smile with everyone around him.

After church we all came back to our house to have lunch and spend time together.  A special occasion wouldn't be special without an awesome cake, so my sister-in-law Deborah and I made a clothesline cake for Austin.  There were some technical difficulties due to the high temps outside, but it turned out really cute and I can't wait to try this idea again when it's not 80+ degrees outside.

It was a special day for Austin and for our family.  Thanks to everyone who was a part of it.
(PS...we bribed Trevor with a treat to smile nice in this picture and I'm so glad we did.)

3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

I love the outfit for Austin! He looked so precious. That is a great family picture!

Reese said...

Cute Cute! The treat bribe was so worth it...that's a great family pic of you all! What a sweet little boy!

lilibet said...

I can't believe you made that outfit!! Cute. The blessing was really sweet, and the cake is awesome, of course.