Every day during Austin's afternoon nap, Trevor goes to his room for quiet time. Most days he goes willingly; other days he goes kicking and screaming.
Monday was one of those unwilling days. Funny thing is, the more he fights quiet time the more it confirms to me that some alone time and a nap is exactly what he needs. After the tantrum stopped on Monday afternoon and I went into check on him and this is what I found...
His room was a disaster and he had fallen asleep in bed with his snow boots on. Classic.
Sometimes I try and make quiet time extra special by playing a favorite CD of his, or by getting out and setting up a special toy, or creating a fort for him to play in. Today we made a fort. It was awesome.
2 comments:
I know those quiet/naptimes well. The fort is always a hit. I love the snow boots. Cutie.
What a cute bed! They seem to fight the naps they need most!! And he looks so innocent sleeping there!
Post a Comment