Wednesday, January 18, 2012

All About Austin

Tonight as I was rocking Austin before bed I was thinking about all of the things that I want to remember about him at this stage in his life. So here's what I want to remember about my sweet, almost 21 month old.

*  He loves his blanket and his funny bunny and he takes them everywhere he goes.

*  The first word out of his mouth almost every morning is breakfast, pronounced "breck-est".

*  Anything and everything can be used as a gun to find mommy and shoot her.  Sometimes it a toy gun, other times it's his toothbrush, a drill, his cup, his banana, and sometimes even his funny bunny.
(Trevor took this picture)

*  He is sassy and bossy and a complete copy-cat.  His new favorite word is "special", as in "it's special" and he says it whenever someone takes something from him.  (He learned that word from Trevor.)

*  He loves to sing.  His favorite thing to do before bed is to have me hold and rock him while we sing together.  It's heavenly!  (Below is a video of Austin singing to Darren and I before bed last night.)
 

*  He loves cars and trucks and can often be found in Trevor's room stealing cars and hiding them in his room.

 *  He's a hitter and a bitter and a screamer, but with a brother like Trevor those are necessary life skills.

*  He also talks a lot!  (It seems to run in the family.)  Some of my favorite words that he says are "cozy", "amen", "song", "cocoa", "Sye-bee" (aka Simon), "stinky", "tickle" and "hide", which is usually followed by "surprise!"  He also has some 2-3 word phrases that he uses a lot, like "Don't want it", "I get it", "No touching", "Hold me", "I pooped" and my personal favorite "Said no", as in "I already said no, didn't you hear me the first time!"

*  He is fiercely independent and likes to do things his own way, usually without any help from anyone.

* He is nosy, I mean...inquisitive.  If something's going on he wants to be right there to see what's happening.  He's my adorable little shadow where ever I go.

Life would be so much less without Austin.  True, it would be less loud, less messy, and less dramatic, but it would also be less funny, less snugly, and definitely less enjoyable.

3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

love the blog makeover mindy.
such a cute little boy.

Sheryl said...

Love the singing, so sweet.

Darren said...

Austin really can be a sweet boy and at night he really likes to share his singing with Mom and Dad. Some other things that he likes are to throw things to see how they land, crash, splat, break,etc. 2) He enjoys chasing and cornering the bunny with Trevor. 3) It's not uncommon for him to move all of the cushions from the couch to make a fort or tunnel to hide inside from Dad. If he spotted he will close his eyes so that he can disappear. 4) Wrestling with Dad and Trevor is another favorite. 5) launching himself from Mom or Dad's legs to complete a flip always generates a laugh. 6) Hiding in the upstairs 2 foot cubic cabinet area. 7) Sharing food he's nearly eaten and then pulls out of his mouth and says, "yors". 8)Seeing if he can outrun you after he's made a mess.9) Spinning around in a chair and somehow doesn't get dizzy 10) Eating anything that appears to be a raisin on the floor...