Monday, April 29, 2013

National Screen-free Week: Day One

Today was day one of no TV or kids on computers at our house and overall, it was a huge success.

I got started on blogging again and re-found my love for documenting the fun things that our family does for us and our posterity to enjoy.  The boys only asked to watch TV a couple of times during the day and when I said, "no" they whined, but did not throw a huge fit.

I found myself sitting down at the computer several times today to open Facebook and then caught myself and got up to work on something else.  I really didn't miss the TV much until it was time to make dinner and I was stuck in the kitchen cooking.  Usually I'll turn on a show while I cook to distract myself and the kids.  Instead of TV, today I thought about the day (the pros and the cons) and made plans in my mind for how to spend the rest of the night and tomorrow.

To be honest, at the end of the day I am tired.  No TV means less "down time" while also means more productivity, but I am worn out.  The good news is that it is before 10 pm and I am headed to bed instead of staying up until after 11 watching TV.

No comments: