On Saturday, after spending the night with Grandpa & Granny Carmen, Trevor refused to take a nap. Why? Because he had bitten a hole in the binky I sent with him and Carmen did what I would have done and threw it away. This did NOT make Trevor happy. Finally after a very long temper tantrum the exhaustion won and he fell asleep.The binky that Carmen threw away was the last one. We got 8 or so binkies when Trevor was born and I told myself that I wouldn't buy anymore and that when they were gone there would be no more.
After that first huge fight on Saturday over not getting a binky Trevor hasn't once cried or complained for it and so we are officially a binkie-free house. I am so proud of my big boy!
But even as we say goodbye to the binkies I can't help but feel a little nostalgic as I remember those special binkies that Trevor has loved and lost, including his first ever binky that kept him company under the lights at the hospital.
3 comments:
Way to go! Baby Trevor is a big boy!
I dread the day that I take away Addison's "bink". It's become an appendage of her and I'm afraid it may be like cutting off her arm when we take them away. :) I can hardly wait for a binkie free home!!
way to go!!! we had to have the chooch (binkie) fairy come to get rid of it at our house for our Treavor. We gathered them all up and put them out like a tooth and in retrun he got a present. We told him that she had to give them to other little babies that needed them. It worked :) no fuss nothing and in retrun he got his present!
Post a Comment