For those who are wondering, "how long did it take you to make that??"...it was 8 hours start to finish and I had Kate's help with a lot of the leg work like coloring the fondant. I love making cakes, but this one was even more fun than usual because I had a good friend helping. Thanks Kate for trusting me to make an amazing cake for Katie's special day!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Alice in Wonderland Tea Party Cake
I just made this cake for my good friend Kate's daughter's tea party to celebrate her 3rd birthday. The party was Alice in Wonderland themed and I had a couple great pictures to glean ideas from. This was my first attempt at a topsy-turvy cake and besides a few mistakes I am very pleased with how it turned out!
My favorite parts of the cake are the teacup on top (which was a last minute great idea), the Cheshire cat tier, and the cute little flowers that seemed to just pull the whole thing together.

For those who are wondering, "how long did it take you to make that??"...it was 8 hours start to finish and I had Kate's help with a lot of the leg work like coloring the fondant. I love making cakes, but this one was even more fun than usual because I had a good friend helping. Thanks Kate for trusting me to make an amazing cake for Katie's special day!
For those who are wondering, "how long did it take you to make that??"...it was 8 hours start to finish and I had Kate's help with a lot of the leg work like coloring the fondant. I love making cakes, but this one was even more fun than usual because I had a good friend helping. Thanks Kate for trusting me to make an amazing cake for Katie's special day!
Labels:
Cake Decorating
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Mindy, it was so good to see you today! We need to figure out New Moon and I loved the cake. It was so cute and delicious!
This is amazing! I am so impressed!
LOVED it! It really made the party. You're amazing!
You are amazingly talented Mindy.
This cake was incredible, and I LOVE your guys Halloween costumes- very unique AND I just read your story about the fingerprint in the cake and LOL. You are super wonderful Mindy!
I forgot to post how much I loved it - I may need your help with my first fondant cake (or at least some tips). My little brother's fiance wants me to do their wedding cake creation: 200+ cupcakes and a little cake on top, covered with fondant! Help!!
Post a Comment