Saturday, November 21, 2009

Diva Soccer Cake

Today I made a drama queen diva/soccer theme cake for a 13th birthday party. My idea was soccer star meets Mardi Gras and I think I pulled it off.

Instead of buying a special pan to make the soccer ball I just baked the cake in one of my Pyrex bowls and to help it cook evenly I put my flower nail upside down in the bottom of the bowl to help conduct heat to the center of the cake. It worked perfectly!!


For the mask, I bought a cheap plastic mask and then pressed gum paste into it to make a sugar replica. After it dried I painted it with icing color watered down with clear vanilla. Over the top of the turquoise part I painted some silver luster dust to make it look shiny. The feathers and the wire holding the stars are the only non-edible parts of this cake.

Happy 13th Birthday Kailiegh and thanks Kelly for letting me be a part of her special day!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

This cake is absolutely amazing. I love the colors and the idea. You have some mad skills there.