Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gospel Wisdom from my Toddler

Earlier in the week Trevor and I were talking about baby Austin and Trevor said, "Austin come heaven soon and live at our house."  It made me so happy that Trevor pays attention when I tell him about where Austin is now.

On Monday Darren and I held our first official Family Home Evening with Trevor.  For his birthday my mother-in-law bought him the Nursery Manual and we used that to have an FHE about reverence during the sacrament.
After calling on Mommy to say the opening prayer I was pleased with how much he could tell me.  Obviously, Sister Yan and Sister Miller do a great job teaching the kids in nursery.  Here were the highlights:
 - "Sit on bench, not floor"
 - "Eat bread and water"
 - "Think Jesus Christ"
 - "No talking, only quiet"

After the lesson Trevor wanted to sing "Frowny Face Song" and he delighted us with his frowny face, smiley face, and the occasional word to the song, "If You Chance to Meet a Frown".  Then he filled in the "sunbeams" as I sang "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam".  It was a delightful experience and one I hope we can have every week.

Then today while I was in the shower he built something out of his MegaBlocks and when I asked what it was he proudly exclaimed, "Made a temple!!"

4 comments:

lilibet said...

Wow! That's awesome. Abby has issues even folding her arms for prayer. Sister Miller and Sister Yan ARE doing a fantastic job, though.

Kacey said...

Yes, I have to agree- our kids have GREAT nursery leaders :)

Regan Anne said...

OH my goodness, this is so cute!!

Jamie said...

It is so fun to have a toddler that is excited about learning. I had to laugh as Jacob had also built a temple out of his mega blocks. I guess toddlers think alike. Isn't the nursery manual great? We've loved using it. We also got the Book of Mormon stories for kids and that's been fun though it's a bit over his head.