Monday, March 15, 2010

What I've Been Up To

It's been nearly a month since my last blog.  Here's what I've been up to (besides mentally and physically preparing to deliver a baby).

With the sunny days we have been having over the last month I have been out in the yard a lot working on different projects, trying to get as much done as I can before Austin comes.

My first project was to beef up my raspberry patch.  I found a great deal for raspberry canes on craigslist and I am delighted to have a bigger patch this year.  (When I told Trevor we were going to get more raspberries he was very disappointed when we got plants and not actual raspberries that he could eat.)

Then I tackled a project I have been wanting to do since we moved in.  I edged the east side of my lawn so now there is a clean, straight edge.  I also pulled the weeds on the neighbors side so that it would look nicer...it was service and selfishness.
Before

After

Last summer I drove by a house that had cement rings around each of the trees in their yard and they planted nasturtiums inside the rings.  I thought it added such a wonderful splash of color to their yard and I logged it away in my head as something I wanted to do.  This year I did it and soon the trees in my yard will have bright blossoms around the base.  As soon as the nasturtiums bloom I will post another picture.

I also started some seeds indoors so that they will be ready to plant outside once winter decides to take a hike.

And through it all I have had an amazing little helper who loves to be outside helping me in the dirt.  Here is a video of him trying to use the shovel like Mommy does.

There is still lots to do outside so here's to hoping for more good weather!!

2 comments:

Kassie said...

That is a wonderful before and after picture, it really is worth a thousand words, awesome job. I cannot believe you are doing so much bending/lifting/shoveling being so pregnant. You're amazing!

Laura Jex said...

um WOW!