Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Calling

When I was released 5 weeks ago the bishop told me that he wanted me to have some time to adjust to being a mother of two and that I would get a new calling in 3 months.

Obviously the Lord had other plans for me, because today I was called as sustained as a Gospel Doctrine teacher.  I'm a little bit scared, although not all that surprised.  My patriarchal blessing talks a lot about me being a teacher here on earth.

What concerns me is trying to find the time and energy to read my scriptures daily and prepare a lesson, especially when I am averaging only 5 nonconsecutive hours of sleep a day.  But if this is what Heavenly Father needs and wants me to do in order to grow in the Gospel, I'll do it.

2 comments:

Kacey said...

You're going to be great Mindy!! Some callings can definitely be scary at first, but they always teach us something and help us grow in ways we never imagined possible. I can't wait to hear you teach!

Dawn said...

When do you start? Do you get to finish family relations class with the rest of us first? As soon as it's over we'll be in there to cheer you on!