Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Before & After: The Boy's Bathroom

I have been meaning to re-do the boy's bathroom for a long time and with Trevor potty training now seemed like the perfect time to do it. After all, a big boy deserves an awesome room to go potty in, right?

Here is a before picture of the upstairs bathroom.
 And now, the after!!
The shower curtain came from Target and that adorable wave shelf I found as a set of two at a garage sale for $10.  The shelves were too long so I had to shorten and then re-paint them to match.  It was time consuming, but so worth it.
I made the wall art by tracing the soap pump and toothbrush holder and then coloring them with watercolor pencils.
The soap pump, tooth brush holder and soap dish were the inspiration for the bathroom and they came from Target.
 
I took down the towel rack and in it's place added this so that we have room to hang a towel for each boy.  Also, it is low enough to the ground that Trevor can hang up his own towel.

The bathroom looks great and Trevor loves it.

4 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

What a cute and cheery bathroom Mindy! I am sure Trevor loves to use it ;)

Good work!

Shauna said...

So cute! What a difference! I bet Trevor was excited!

lilibet said...

That looks darling. I love the wall art especially.

Dawn said...

It turned out great!