Back when Trevor was just a twinkle in my eye, Darren and I purchased some Living Scriptures, which are Bible and Book of Mormon stories for kids on DVD. Trevor is now at an age where he can watch them and understand the stories. His favorite is called "Journey to the Promised Land" which tells the story of Lehi's family in the wilderness, Nephi building a ship and their journey on that ship to the Promised Land. While Nephi and his brothers are building the ship they sing a chessy little song called, "Step by Step". I get it stuck in my head all the time.
A couple days ago I had a lot of dishes to do, so I turned my iPod up pretty loud and shuffled the songs. Trevor was eating lunch and I heard him say, "This is the Nephi song." Confused I said, "What??" And again he said, "This is the Nephi song, mom." And that's when I realized my iPod was playing "Step by Step" by New Kids on the Block (don't judge me, NKTOB forever!)
After I stopped laughing I just said, "You're right Trevor, that does sound like the Nephi song." To which he replied, "Yeah, I like that song."
5 comments:
I love both those songs too, Mindy. I will definitely not judge you. I love it that Trevor picked out the step by step lyrics :)
Hee hee.I am so judging you right now. ;)
That is a great story to have documented! I love it. What a hoot!
So funny! Love the new look on your blog!
NKOTB was my first concert. And I can even picture the music video in my head. Boy, I loved them.
Also, I saw you at Winco the other day. I was calling your name, but I'm guessing you didn't see me.
Post a Comment