Tuesday, December 28, 2010

8 Month Old Austin

On Christmas Eve, Austin turned 8 months old.  This month he has really started to babble and use his voice to show his pleasure and often his displeasure.  He also likes to mimic Trevor when he is screaming/yelling.   Some times he gets so into talking that if he is sitting he falls over...


He is still super smiley and besides grinning at people his favorite past times include chewing on things (he's not picky either; he'll chew on anything he can get into his mouth), kicking his feet, jumping, rolling over the second I put him on his belly, and talking, like I mentioned above.

Austin seems to have little interest in rolling or crawling to get things that are out of his reach.  I'm pretty sure this is my fault since I don't give him enough time each day to practice.  In my defense, Austin does have a sneaky and mischievous older brother who waits in the shadows for any opportunity to whack his brother when I am not looking.  This means that Austin can only be down on the floor playing when I can be there watching.

 We are still swaddling Austin at naps and bedtime.  We have tried weaning him from his comforting straight-jacket, but he will have none of it!!  The good news is, he will sleep up to a 10 hour stretch at night and take a 2-3 hour nap.  The bad news is he is getting strong and most nights will come un-swaddled at least once and refuses to sleep unless I go in and re-swaddle him.


Happy 8 Months Austin!  You are such a joy and I love watching you grow up.

1 comment:

Mark and Jennifer said...

My favorite thing to do is sit beind him in Relief Society! His smiley face just cheers me up!!