Monday, October 7, 2013

Making General Conference More Meaningful

This morning I was so sad that conference weekend was over. For the first time since I had kids it was a weekend that I enjoyed and thanks to some last-minute planning, my kids enjoyed it as well.

On Tuesday night at our monthly Relief Society Meeting we were talking about ways to make conference more meaningful my instituting traditions and helping kids be involved and active listeners.  

Here is the conference board that I, along with several others friends, made to help our children be more involved in the talks. 


It was a slam-dunk success.  The boys had so much fun finding the speakers, putting them up to the pulpit and listening for the topics to add to the word bubble.  At the end of two days, both boys could recognize several members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12.  (Austin's personal favorite was "Uchie-dorf")  We had a wonderful weekend full of family fun, wonderful talks, and yummy food.  I can't wait to do it again in April and neither can the boys.

No comments: