Friday, September 20, 2013

Austin Starts Preschool

One week ago, I got a phone call telling me that a space for Austin opened up at Little Chargers Preschool and just 4 days later I sent him off to his first day of school.

As I was taking this picture of him standing on our front porch before his first day of preschool, I thought, "He's too little to be going to preschool."  But looking back on pictures from two years ago, Trevor looked just as little.

On the second day of class they read the book "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and made these adorable letter tree hats.

There is another "Austin" in his class, so they call him "Austin H."  He likes to tell people that he got a new name at preschool.  (I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand yet that the "H" stands for Hales.)

What he does know is that "A" is for Austin, so therefore, anything that has the letter A on it must belong to him.  Because he has a natural inclination to hoard things, learning that A is for Austin has meant that the things he chooses to hoard now include random (and sometimes important) papers, bottles of lotion, and anything else with an A on it.

It's a good thing he's cute!

**Update**
I wanted to remember some of the projects Austin has done in preschool thus far.  The teacher has a sample of what the project is supposed to look like and the kids are given freedom to make it look like hers, or not.  Austin usually chooses "not".  He is learning to use scissors and he cut out that frog mouth all by himself.

This "D" was also cut out by him.  Notice the placement of the dogs ear.  Love it.

By far, this pig is my favorite project he has brought home so far.  Look at the creativity!  A nose on your forehead.  Genius!

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Austin is such a cutie!