Today I was going to drive to Shoreline to visit my grandma. She has been asking for weeks if I would come out and spend the day with her, so today was the day and it was going to be a surprise. As soon as we got on the freeway I realized that I needed gas, so we took the exit to go to Costco. Right after we got off the freeway I heard Trevor cough one of those gagging coughs and I looked in the baby mirror to see what was going on and saw him puke all over. I freaked out and tried to get in the right lane so that I could pull over when I heard him retch and throw up a second time. When I got the car pulled over my brother opened his door and puked too because of the smell. Poor Trevor was calm as can be and sitting in a car seat full of puke. Luckily, I had a change of clothes and some extra blankets that I could use as towels. It is a beautiful sunny day today which I was grateful for this morning, but it made the car ride home miserable. Again, poor Trevor, he had to ride home in his car seat that smelled like puke.
We were driving past Winco on the way home, so I decided to stop real fast and get some Pedialyte while Jamie stayed in the car with Trevor. I was practically running through the store trying to get in and out as fast as possible knowing that Trevor and Jamie were in a stinky car and that Trevor might throw up again. When I got to the checkout I swiped my debit card and it was declined because it expired 01/09. I prayed I had cash, but I had none and Winco does not take credit cards. So here I was unable to pay the $3.49 to get my son some Pedialyte. I was so embarrassed that I started to jog out of the store, when I heard "ma'am, ma'am". I turned around and the cashier was waving me to come back. The lady behind me heard what happened and offered to buy the Pedialyte for me asking if it was for my baby. I told her it was and started to cry, thanking her before running out of the store because I was so embarrassed.
So my day didn't go as planned. Instead of spending time with my Grandma I have spent the day taking care of a sick kid and trying to get rid of the nasty smell in my car. And huge thank you to the unkown lady at Winco who bought my son some grape Pedialyte...he loves it!
5 comments:
Don't you just love when people are nice even when they don't have to be?! Hopefully he is feeling better.
You have the best stories - even when you're having a miserable day. I hope Trevor's feeling better!
I hope Trevor is feeling better. How nice of that lady. Its always nice to know there are still good people out there!
Sorry Trevor was sick, but glad you made it to book club!
Holy cow we had almost the exact thing happen on valentines day, toddler puking EVERYTHING up in the carseat. Kids are so fun aren't they?
Post a Comment