Tuesday, June 30, 2009

18 Months

Trevor turned 18 months yesterday and what a difference a year makes!

Last year for his 6 month milestone we were celebrating him eating solid foods, discovering his toes and learning to scream.

A year later he is running around all over the place and saying little words and using signs to express himself. He loves to be outside getting dirty or inside playing with cars or reading books.


Yesterday he had a doctor's appointment and so on the way home I stopped and bought him some Play-doh for being such a good boy during his shots. And as he was sitting at the kitchen table pulling the Play-doh out of the container and then putting it back in over and over again I thought to myself that I need to slow down and worry less about the small things and focus on making sure that my family knows I love them and that I am interested in what they are doing.

Here is a video of Trevor enjoying the simple things in life like a small plastic pool in the backyard on a hot day and cool water running down your back. I sometimes wish I could go back to the time when I didn't care whether or not I had snot on my face because I was having too much fun to care.

No comments: