Here is what the terraced corner of our yard looked like when we bought our house.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Before & After: The Garden!
Here we go again with another installment of Before and After!
Here is what the terraced corner of our yard looked like when we bought our house.
Now the lower level is home to our very own strawberry patch!
The corner of our yard that had existing garden boxes was the ugliest part of the yard. It was overgrown with blackberry bushes, littered with junk, falling apart, and the raspberry bushes were fighting for light and space. It wasn't until I saw these pictures again that I realized what a miracle we have pulled off in such a short period of time. Here is the before...

And now...the after!!!
This garden box was rebuilt by Darren and we are growing lettuce, carrots, broccoli, green onions, and potatoes.
This side of the garden has just been cleaned up and instead of growing blackberry bushes we are now growing bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, and pumpkins. Next to the raspberries are the tomato plants and along the fence are snap peas and green beans.
I am so proud of our little garden. I love to be outside working in the yard and so does Trevor. He is happiest when he is outside digging in the dirt and making a mess. We a
re so happy to have our little house and for all the hard work we have put into it. Our first raspberry ripened last night and we feel so excited about our forthcoming harvest! Come visit soon and snitch a berry or two!!!
Here is what the terraced corner of our yard looked like when we bought our house.
Labels:
New House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That looks great. I want to have a garden someday....
Oh my goodness, Mindy--It looks SO good! I love how you did everything. And it all sounds quite yummy. If I had a garden like that, I thoroughly enjoy working in it too :)
I'm so jealous! I want a garden but the patio is even a bad area for anything as we have a hungry neighborhood squirrel with a hankering for strawberries and tomatoes. :(
Wow! You're garden is beautiful, you're doing a great job. You must have a green thumb!
all i can say is WOW. way to go.
looks fantastic!
Post a Comment