Thursday, December 3, 2009

Catching Up

There is lots to catch up on, so let's get started...
  • Mom of the Year
We all have those moments when we think to ourselves, if CPS (Child Protective Services) could only see me now... That moment happened to me last Wednesday when Trevor burnt his hand on the stove top. I literally took a pan off the stove, looked Trevor in the eye and said, "Trevor, that's hot, don't touch it", I turned around and then heard him scream. I'm not gonna lie folks, I swore and then proceeded to the sink to hold his hand under cold water for the next 30 mins. It was awful. Here is what it looked like before the blisters broke open...
Needless to say, Trevor takes the phrases "HOT!" and "Don't touch!" a lot more seriously now. That's a painful lesson to learn and one that I wish he would have just taken my word for.

  • Santa Pictures
For weeks Trevor has been talking about seeing Santa. He loves that guy. He gets excited when he sees him on TV or hears his name in a song on the radio. Santa is the man...until you have to sit on his lap, then he is not so cool.
(See those blue jean knees in the picture,,,,they're mine. Trevor was sitting on my lap and I was laid back into the tree in an effort to stay out of the picture while Santa leaned in close.)

  • 20 Weeks Preggo
I am officially half way through my pregnancy and feeling great. Remember my smart-alec comment about being able to still wear my pre-pregnancy jeans...that is no longer the case.We haven't figured out what to name this baby yet, but so far we like Travis, Derek, and Jeremy.

  • Cakes for the Relief Society Christmas Dinner
Here are the cakes I made for the Christmas dinner earlier this week. They were a lot of work and super stressful because I had to make them with Trevor underfoot saying, "some, please" every 5 seconds. Do you think that from now on I could factor in the cost of a babysitter into the total price of the cake?? Maybe not...Enjoy the pictures!


5 comments:

Unguren said...

So many things to say.
-so sad about the hands. ouch.
-Thanks for the picture of a pregnant belly.
-Those cakes look amazing!
-It may be strange now that you have a leg in the picture but you are sure to love it later.

Deborah said...

Trevor is so handsome and so grown up.

Reese said...

Gosh, I miss you! I have a duplicate picture of Paige's blistered hand from the fireplace. Hang in there...accidents happen.

You are looking cute! How do you carry your baby so long??..you don't look 20 weeks.

Katie Tyler said...

Mindy!! those cakes are BEAUTIFUL!!
by the way- we ALL have those CPS moments! Thanks for admitting it for the rest of us :)

Jamie said...

Trevor's picture with Santa turned out super cute. I never would have noticed he was sitting on your lap. And I totally love the cakes.