**Caution: Major pregnant lady whinning ahead. I really try not to use my blog as a rant and rave session, but today I just need some sympathy**
Have you ever felt so sick and miserable you just wanted to cry?
I used to think that the worst thing in the world was being sick while at the same time having a sick kid, but I have changed my mind. The worst, most inhumane thing in the world is being 8 months pregnant, sick with a cold and having your child feel just fine. It's inhumane for the mom who wants to lay in bed and sleep off the fog in her head she can do nothing about and for the toddler who sees that it is perfect park weather and can't understand why mom won't take him outside to play.
Poor Trevor has been such a good kid today as I have literally laid on the couch all day long sneezing, coughing, and blowing my nose. Just last week I was commenting that I have been so lucky this pregnancy and avoided getting sick despite the numerous colds Trevor has had all winter. This time it couldn't be avoided I think because I haven't been sleeping well partially due to the fact that I am really pregnant and uncomfortable and partially due to the fact that my husband thinks my belly is cute and he wants to snuggle all night long, which is really sweet, but annoying.
So here's to hoping that I can get some sleep tonight and wake up feeling a million times better. Heaven knows my family needs a little more of my patience and my floors could use a good vacuuming too.

8 comments:
I'm so incredibly sorry. That is awful. Is there something I can do?
Oh mindy! That is the pits!!! Oh if only enduring to the end weren't so hard! Sending you some love!!
I am sooo sorry Mindy! I totally know how you feel. I'm SOOO sick right now too! I have never been so sick in my life. My due date is on 2 1/2 weeks away and I'm praying that my son will either NOT get what I have OR get it and get over it really quick so I don't have a new born and a sick 16 month old. On the bright side, it seems like you have gotten a lot done. =) You said you even have your bag packed, that's awesome!
Good luck babe!
Hang in there! I know how you feel - pregnant women should not be allowed to have colds on top of everything else!!
Please, you are NOT whining, when sick, 8 mos pregnant, and a kid to tend. I have been there.
I am so sorry! Can I do anything for you?
Hi Mindy and Darren
I was sympathetic with your experience in ER. I guess Trevor will remember that experience. I think the parents have about as traumatic an experience as anyone.I!m thankful everything worked out ok, Trevor is so cute in the Easter pictures, You thought of some fun Easter activities.
I love you.
Mom
Dear Mindy and Darren,
I sympathize with your experience in the ER. I guess Trevor will remember it. Trevor is so cute in the Easter pictures. I think he is a fun and creative conversationalist.
I hope you are feeling well, Mindy.I love you.
Mom
Post a Comment