Saturday, October 16, 2010

Before & After: New Windows, Part 2

It's been about 5 weeks since I posted part 1 of this blog.  I knew replacing our windows was going to be a big project, but it was bigger than I thought it was going to be.  Darren and Darin have been working nearly every Friday and Saturday, all day.  I also spent many nap times outside caulking and painting.  The good news??  We're D-O-N-E, done!!

Here are some before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Our House Before:

And After:

Our Master Bedroom Window Before:

And After:

Back of the House Before:


And Now...
 
See my new garden window!!


Bay Window in the Living Room Before:

And After:

We love our new windows.  They are clean and quiet and keep our house so warm.  Our next big house project is possibly new exterior paint in the spring.  Stay tuned, I'll let you help me pick the color.

7 comments:

Kate said...

They look wonderful! Nice job.

Jeff said...

Wow! Isn't it amazing what a HUGE difference a small detail can make? I especially love the new living room windows.

Natalie Smith said...

They look so great! That is a huge project!

Quinae said...

That is my favorite internal window trim - is that what you call it? You know the lines that are just a few inches from the edges. Also super jealous of the garden window. I totally want one of those for year round herbs. I can't wait to see it up close and hear how you love it! Great work team Hales!!

Mark and Jennifer said...

Very nice! Love the garden window!

Darren said...

This was a huge accomplishment and I'd like to thank Darin for the instruction and help- Dad for the ladder- Mindy for the continual feedback, masterful caulking, and finishing touches- Trevor for not seriously hurting himself by climbing a ladder or getting to any of the 100 or so tools within the house- Austin for always smiling- and Heavenly Father for not letting me fall off of the roof or ladder=)

Koko said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how talented your husband is! Send him our way! haha