Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Things I Know

Once a long time ago, I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was the word of God.  I know that it is.

And thereby, I know that Joseph Smith, Jr. was a prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ.

At that same time, I gained a testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints is God's kingdom here on the earth restored in the latter-days in preparation for the Second Coming of the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Then came a testimony that Gordon B. Hinckley was a true prophet of God, called to lead and guide the church in our day.

I know that at his passing the mantle of the prophet fell upon Thomas S. Monson, who is a prophet, seer and revelator.

I know that the other members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 Apostles are also prophets, seers and revelators.

Because I know all of this to be true, I know that the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will never lead the church astray.

And as the storms, heat, winds, and tempests come (and they will come, I'm sure of it) I need to remind myself of the things I know.

2 comments:

Koko said...

Awesome post Mindy! And you're right...Helaman 5:12 says "WHEN" the devil shall send forth his mighty winds... not "IF". Hopefully we'll all be there to help each other! Thanks for sharing this testimony and I say a big AMEN!

Sheryl said...

It is nice to be reminded of how simple and pure a testimony is. Thanks!