Here is a list of things I love about Trevor...
- His wit. A couple weeks ago he told me that I didn't like apple cider like he and daddy did because I don't have a penis.
- How affectionate he is not only physically, but he frequently tells me, "Mommy, I love you".
- His talkative nature. Sometimes it drives me crazy that he talks so much, but most of the time it is nice to be able to have a conversation with him.
- The stink-eye. That frowny, skeptical look he gets when he is either displeased or unsure about something.
- His perfectionist tendencies. Trains go in the yellow bin, trucks in the blue, etc.
- He has started climbing in bed with me when he wakes up in the morning and we get 10-15 minutes of snuggle time before he says, "Mom, I want breakfast".
- His imagination. Quite frequently I will hear tales of his encounter with a bear or how his toy spilled a glass of milk and had to clean it up.
- He loves to read books and that makes my heart glad.
Lately, Trevor has been enjoying playing a computer game called "Plants vs Zombies". It is adorable to watch him clicking away with the mouse and hear him talking about the zombies.
Because Trevor will be three years old by January 1st, he has officially graduated from Nursery and is moving up to Primary and will be a Sunbeam starting this Sunday. Last Sunday they had a little graduation ceremony, complete with Sunbeam necklaces and graduation caps. I got a tear in my eye when I saw him in his cap.
All during the month of December the big kids have been visiting Primary during singing time to get a feel for how Primary works. Trevor has learned a lot of new songs, "Once There Was a Snowman" is his favorite.
Last night before bed I gave Trevor a haircut fit for a birthday celebration. He insisted that I take a picture of his "handsome new hair".
Two months ago we went to IKEA and I told Trevor that he could go play in the balls. I knew you had to be potty trained to go into the Kid's Club, but I didn't know that you also had to be at least three years old. He was heartbroken and has been talking about going to IKEA for his birthday ever since. Today his wish came true when my sister-in-law and my best friend joined us for a birthday date and lunch at IKEA.
Three years old today my life became infinitely more: more joyful, stressful, hilarious, loud, and best of all more perfect. Trevor you are a stinker and a delight. I love how you help me set the table for dinner and get diapers for Austin. You make me proud to be your mom and I love you bunches.
Happy Birthday Trevor Rocky Hales!!
6 comments:
Man! Your boys are growing up so fast! What a sweet post about Trevor! Happy Birthday Trevor!
Love his sense of humor!
I laughed out loud at his apple cider comment! I have been in the nursery with him (when I have my grandson with me) and he is a delight to talk to! He expresses himself very well!!
I was wondering why I had not seen any posts show up on my feed reader for your blog, and then - duh - remembered you went private. Anyway, your boys are growing up so fast and are just as handsome as can be. Hope that the holidays were wonderful, peaceful and filled with joy.
wow what a handsome boy!! were does the time go!!
A couple other things that come to mind is how Trevor has learned to show how old he is with his hand. Also, communication should become a strength for this boy.
Trevor: Dad, I talk a lot huh?
Dad: Yes son but that is ok
Trevor: I talk a lot because I have a mouth
Post a Comment