Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gettin' Crafty


**This post has been in draft mode for over month.  Before I get around to publishing it I think of another project I want to work on and I have to wait until it's complete before I can blog about it.**

  • Hales Family Tree
For Christmas I made my father-in-law a family tree.  Each of his children and their spouses, along with all of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren have a photo magnet on the family tree.  That way as new people join our family we can add them to the tree.  There are currently 31 magnets on the tree.
  • Silhouette Pictures
Now that I have a big, beautiful, bright garden window in my kitchen I needed some artwork to display in it.  Enter these darling silhouettes of my boys.  (Doesn't Austin kind of look like a turtle?)
  • Cute Bobbypins
I can across this seller on Etsy who sells the cutest bobbypins.  I thought about buying some from her and then I thought, "I can do that".  After a couple trips to Joann and Michaels to pick out some embellishments and an hour or so of gluing...
  • Made Over Magazine Files
I really like magazine files, so when my Aunt Cheryll brought over some for my brother to use back when he was living with us I was excited when he moved out and didn't want them.  The only thing I didn't like about them was that they didn't match the color scheme in the office.  With some spray paint and a roll of Contact paper, they are better than ever!
Before
After!
  • Knitted Scarf
Years ago as a Christmas present from a good friend I received a wonderful scarf.  I love it and I have always wanted one to match every outfit.  So, my Aunt Shelley taught me to knit and I made another one.  See?

If you want to get together some time and learn to knit or crochet or just share ideas for craft projects, call me.  I love to get crafty!

No comments: