Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Silva/Oberloh Laua'e Wedding/Reception Cake

Back in April we went to Hawaii for my best friends wedding.  Everything about the trip and the wedding was wonderful, except her wedding cake.  It fell apart in the car for the baker on the way to the reception and instead of it looking like this, like the bride wanted...

It looked like this...
 

Fast forward to last Sunday when she had her reception here in Seattle.  I offered to remake her wedding cake for the reception celebration in an effort to make up for the baker's error in Hawaii.  It turned out better than even I expected that it would.  Per the bride's request, I made chocolate chiffon cake with cream filling and chantilly frosting.
 

1 comment:

Chelle said...

You never cease to amaze me - and I bet she was absolutely over the moon about her do-over cake! As always, nice work!