Thursday, September 5, 2013

Jared's Birth Story: Part Four, Post-partum

Right after he was born Melissa placed sweet Jared into my arms. I was exhausted and in pain, but he was so cute and so perfect, nothing else seemed to matter. I remember thinking that he looked just like Trevor. Unfortunately, delivering the baby does not put an end to the pain, but holding a sweet baby sure does make it easier to endure. While Melissa was stitching me up, I remember telling Darren and everyone else in the room that I was NEVER going to do that again. At the time, and even now, I can not imagine willingly choosing to endure the pain of child birth again.

After a rough night of sleep, I called my friend Kristi Thulin in the morning to let her know that Jared was born and I had a sweet conversation with Trevor. I told him that last night while he was sleeping, Baby Jared was born. He said, "Aww, is he so cute?" It brought tears to my eyes to hear my first baby ask in such a mature and sincere voice about his new baby brother. I replied through my tears that "yes, he is so cute!"

After school was out, family came to visit and they brought Trevor and Austin with them to meet Jared. It is always so amazing to me after the I have a baby and my bigger "babies" come to visit that my heart grows, somewhat like the Grinch, and suddenly there is enough love for everyone.












Austin was really so excited to see me. He came right up onto my bed to give me a hug and I couldn't believe how grown-up he was. Unlike Trevor, who could be persuaded Austin wanting nothing to do with holding Jared. He was content to just stare and smile at him without touching him.






As a special gift the the boys, from Jared, they got a new movie that they can watch over and over again while I take naps on a couch.









Later that night my friends Kacey and Kristy came to visit bringing along with them Jared's friends from the pre-existence Lauren and Wesley. They also brought chocolate, which was awesome.


No comments: