Monday, April 12, 2010

Patrick & Mandy's Wedding Cake

After the last wedding cake I did back in February I said I wasn't doing any more cakes until several months after Austin was born, but I guess I lied because when Elizabeth called to see if I would make a wedding cake for her brother last Friday, I couldn't turn her down.

Elizabeth offered to make the cakes, which were strawberry and VERY delicious.  I put milk chocolate ganache in between the layers and then frosted it with a whipping cream-like frosting that was divine!  The bride wanted something simple with white fondant and red roses on top.


It was a fun cake to make, but this time I'm serious.  No more cakes until June...unless you make me an offer I can't refuse.  :0)

5 comments:

Shauna said...

You are totally super woman!

Kacey said...

Gorgeous! Great job :)

lilibet said...

Everyone was amazed that I had a friend who could do such a beautiful job who isn't a professional. It was such a beautiful cake and so yummy to boot. That ganache was perfect.

Rachael said...

You did such an awesome job! It looks gorgeous!

Audrey said...

I know who to call for help when and if one of my daughter gets married!