Monday, September 27, 2010

The Lower Lights

Have you heard of The Lower Lights?


They are a group of artists (including Mindy Gledhill) who made a CD called, "A Hymn Revival".  It features some of my favorite religious hymns re-done in a way that makes them new again.  If you go here you can listen to the CD and purchase it if you like it.

My personal favorites are "Ye Elders of Israel" and "Count Your Blessings".  Trevor loves Babylon ("Ye Elders of Israel"), Blessin's ("Count Your Blessings"), Israel ("Israel, Israel God is Calling), and Carry me Home ("Swing Low, Sweet Chariot").

If you love it as much as I do (I have been listening to this CD non-stop since I purchased it Friday morning) and you live in the Provo-area, you'll be delighted to know that The Lower Lights are throwing a free concert this Friday.  The concert is sponsored by cjane, one of my favorite people that I have never met and sister to the amazing NieNie. For info on the concert, click here.

If I could I would drive to UT for the concert and conference this weekend.

So go here already and listen to this CD.  You'll love it!!

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

listened a little, loved the harmony on "Green Hill"

C. Jane Kendrick said...

I think you got it right. I love Ye Elders too. I like to clap along. See you tonight!