It wasn't long before I got to hold Austin and he was perfect. He looked just like Trevor did when he was born, except with a darker complexion and darker hair. With Trevor I had no desire to see my placenta, but this time around I was excited to see the organ that sustained Austin in-utero. It was so amazing looking.
I had to have a few stitches and so while I was getting stitched up, Jenn was feeding me chocolate pudding. This my friends is one of the many reasons to hire a doula for your next birth! Chocolate pudding has never ever tasted so good.
After I was all stitched up Martha helped me get Austin nursing and to my utter amazement he latched on practically all by himself, which was a miracle to me since Trevor had such a hard time nursing at first. Austin is a champion nurser.
Since the cafeteria was closed and I was starving, Jenn stayed with me while Darren ran to Wendy's to get some food. When Darren came back Jenn left and it was kind of emotional to see her go. She had been with me from the start and I couldn't express how much her help and support meant to me. I am 100% convinced that I could not have had such a positive birth experience (despite all the pain) without her knowledge, love and support.
The next morning Darren woke up with an awful backache, from pulling on the sheet and spending hours and hours rubbing my back the day before, so since I didn't get a chance to enjoy the jacuzzi tub, Darren did. Fortunately for me, I no longer had a backache, he was sound asleep in the bassinet by my bed. :)
Read Trevor's Birth Story --->
4 comments:
Congratulations! I'm glad it went so well. I ate chocolate pudding for every meal in the hospital and, I agree, chocolate pudding has never tasted so good. And I LOVE chocolate pudding.
Way to go Mindy!!! I need to see pictures of this precious baby boy.
Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I've wanted to birth naturally but ended up being induced w/both kids and could only handle those induced contractions until I was about 8 or 9cm (24 hours w/ Liliana and about 8hrs w/ Emmett). Hopefully I'll go into labor naturally w/the next. I think I'll have a better chance at making it all the way w/out the epidural then. Way to go - you are a superstar!
Isn't it the most amazing feeling in the world? I am so proud of you, and excited for you. So so thrilled!!
And that first meal after childbirth is SO GOOD no matter what it is. I ate an old, cold hamburger. It was delicious.
Post a Comment