Sunday, April 11, 2010

Released

On Wednesday night I was released from my calling as Ward Bulletin and Newsletter Specialist, and I cried.  Today when they announced my release over the pulpit, I cried again.

Let me start by saying that I have always thought that doing the bulletin each week would be the best calling ever.  No meetings, no lesson to prepare, just checking emails and typing on the computer.  So when I was asked to serve in this calling, I was ecstatic.

Now that I have been released, I am sad.  I can honestly say that I have never magnified a calling to the extend that I tried to magnify this calling.

I will miss it dearly.

3 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh and you did such a great job in your calling! I'm sure there is something else waiting in the eaves for you (and that is besides your new little boy!)

Quinae said...

Ha ha, that is funny. You know why they released you?........time will tell.......but we all know your name has been bouncing around. That is why you should really cry. Hopefully they will be nice enough to give you a month or two after Austin is born. I just have to say, every time I hear you talk about Austin I think, wouldn't that be funny if it was a girl? You know - funny as a spectator sort of way.

Koko said...

Oh, I thought you just were being released from the newsletter! But the bulletin too?! What will we do? You do such amazing work in whatever you do...next roll: new mother! So great having you in our ward!