Sunday, January 20, 2008

Teatro ZinZanni Birthday Drama




For months now I have been talking about wanting to go to Teatro ZinZanni for my 25th birthday, which is coming up on January 24th. (Teatro ZinZanni is "a big night out unlike any other, a three-hour whirlwind of international cirque, comedy and cabaret artists all served up with a five-course feast designed by celebrated Northwest chef Tom Douglas.") Last Wednesday I decided to go online and buy our tickets, but when I got to the website to said that the tickets for 1/24 were all sold out. I was heartbroken and upset, so I called Darren and told him so. We talked about going on another night, but it just didn't sound like as much fun to go another day.

Fast forward to today when I checked craigslist for the millionth time to see if anyone was selling tickets, but no one was. I went back to the website and this time it said I could buy tickets for 1/24, so I talked to Darren and started to buy them. Then, being frugally minded, we noticed that we could avoid $15 in convenience charges if we bought tickets at the box office. So I called the box office and they said that the show on 1/24 was SOLD OUT! So I quickly went back online and the 24th now said SOLD OUT! I got bummed out all over again, but my husband was determined to see if he could buy tickets for this Thursday and eventually when he refreshed the screen you could again buy tickets for 1/24.

So, we have tickets for this Thursday and our goal is to be there early just in case there was a computer glitch and the show is over booked. Even if it is, I am going to Teatro ZinZanni and I am stoked!! (Now all I have to do is be OK with leaving my son for 4 hours...and find something cute to wear.)

4 comments:

Unguren said...

I am so glad that you left a comment on my blog! I will add you to the lists of blogs I look at. Oh, and congrats on the tickets!

Laura Jex said...

htat was one of the best dates I have ever had! You will have a blast! let me know if you want me to watch a certin someone.....

timmay! said...

Hi Mindy,

I'm the box office manager from Teatro ZinZanni. I receive google alerts whenever anyone mentions Teatro ZinZanni, so I was alerted when you posted this blog. I'm so glad you perservered and were able to get tickets for your birthday. We are having a record breaking month here at TZ, and yes tickets are extremely scarce. But don't worry. Your order was not a computer glitch. I can confirm the reservation Darren made for 2 on the 24th.

Just wanted you to have that peace of mind. I'm a father of two young children (3 1/2 year old and 8 month old), so I know how rare it is for new parents to get a big night out like this.

Tim Gonzalez-Wiler
Box Office Manager
Teatro ZinZannni, Seattle

Kate said...

wow - sounds like fun! I'm impressed that the manager left a comment too!!